Call for paper for PASS 2018
A cyber physical social system (CPSS) is a complex system integrating the objects in cyber, physical, and social space to provide proactive computing services and applications. CPSS is an extension of cyber-physical system (CPS) that emphasises on sensing and processing the combined information from cyberspace, physical assets, and social human knowledge. CPSS can significantly drive new innovation in sectors such as Internet of things (IoT), smart city, healthcare, intelligent transportation, etc. In CPSS, computation, networking, human behaviours are deeply intertwined and it is very challenging to securely manage and control it under traditional theories and methods.
The increasing complexity and connectivity of critical objects in CPSS can cause serious security and privacy problems, in which critical infrastructures and data may be easily exposed to malicious attackers. Meanwhile, existing security solutions are unable to address the security issues in CPSS which makes it very challenging to integrate them and to tailor the diverse security requirements in CPSS.
This special issue aims to bring together researchers from both academia and industry to discuss the most recent advances on security and privacy-preserving in CPSS systems. Special issues topics include, but are not limited to
- Privacy Preserving in CPSS
- Dynamic trust management for IoT applications
- Lightweight cryptography for resource-constrained devices
- Authentication for CPSS objects
- Key management in CPSS
- Data leakage, data protection and data forensics
- Securing M2M protocols
- Intelligence security in CPSS
- Location privacy protection in big data
- Risk assessment in CPSS
- Edge computing security business and technical use cases
- Social, economic and policy issues of trust, security and privacy
- Anti-Attacks and digital forensics in CPSS
- Security auditing and security monitoring
- Healthcare informatics
- Regulatory impacts on security
- System level security for CPSS
- Scalability, performance, and load balance
Paper Submission Guideline: Papers must be submitted electronically via EDAS https://www.edas.info/. Distinguished papers selected from PASS 2018, after further extensions, will be recommended for submission and publication in Special Issues of SCI-indexed Journals.
Dr. Shancang Li, Cyber Security Research Group, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK. Dr. Yogachandran Rahulamathavan, Loughborough University, London, UK. Prof. Weizhan Zhang, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China. Prof. Athanasios Vasilakos, Department of Computer Science, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden. Dr. Muddesar Iqbal, London South Bank University, London, UK.
Paper Submission Deadline: 08 April 2018
Paper Acceptance Notification: 3 May 2018
Camera Ready Submission: 15 May 2018